Monday, April 11, 2016

Candle box problem

First I wrote down all the provided information needed to solve this problem. Then found the surface are of the hexagonal prism and multiply by two because their is two of them. After I found the area of a rectangle and then multiplied by six because their is 6 and that's how you find the walls or rectangles. Then I added both of them together in order to get the whole area of prism. In order to find the out how much the wrapping cost I multiplied by $0.01. Next I found the surface area of the cylinder, that has two circles so when you find the area of a circle make sure two multiply by two and it has a rectangle. Then minus the surface area of the cylinder from the hexagonal prism. Lastly I multiplied 15 by $.2 to find the 20%, and added it all together and that's how I got $24. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.